Clawcraft Front & Back
Soo... After more talks with Jeff, and lots more modeling, I've got the Cockpit essentially finished, I finally updated the wing supports, rebuilt the spine of the ship, and after all this, rebuild (from scratch) the entire tail to and bottoms, and integrated them into the wings to make it one piece (you can see this in the back view). I think this image is looking really amazing for where I'm trying to get to. More details are needed on the surface, but I'm still hashing that all out. For the most part, it is what it is at this point. A little more work will go into the engine housing to give it some radiators, but aside from the detail work I want to do on the tail/wing integration piece, this is REALLY close to the texturing zone.
*sighs* Texturing, oh man am I ever NOT looking forward to that! At least there are plenty of places to hide my UV seams, but it's going to be difficult. Of that I'm sure.
So my macbook bit the dust this past week. 2 whole days of me w/ no computer to model on. :-( Apparently my motherboard just died. Yay apple-care, they just replaced it no questions asked, but still, kind of a pain. Just goes to show how much more often I need to back up my stuff. I've got pretty recent backups, but it'd be nice if I had instant backups like the next OS X will get me. I'm very much looking forward to that.
Well tell me what you think of the images, I'm working really hard on them, I hope that's obvious at this size.